By Elizabeth Magno | Chief Copy Editor

“Orange is the New Black” (OITNB) is a Netflix original that premiered in 2013. The show is based on a memoir of the same title: Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women’s Prison. It centers on an inmate named Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling) who, during her time (so far) in the prison, meets new friends and enemies, finds her niche in the prison, and unknowingly evolves into a new person.

Caution: if you’re not caught up on “Orange is the New Black,” or intend on starting the show, this article contains spoilers.

The show continues its success, as the Netflix original was renewed for seasons five, six, and seven just last year. Season five will be picking up right where season four finished; the entire season, though, will take place over the course of three days — according to the show’s producers.

So far, the show has covered many story arcs, including Piper’s initial entrance into Litchfield Penitentiary; Daya (Dascha Polanco) and Bennett’s (Matt McGorry) relationship; Vee (Yvonne Parker) and Red’s (Kate Mulgrew) rivalry; and all of the underground and corrupt business going on throughout Litchfield. This encompasses the actions of the owners, officers, employees, and inmates of the penitentiary. At the end of season four, viewers are left with the image of Daya pointing a gun at Officer Thomas Humphrey (Michael Torpey). This was the result of an inmate riot against the officers and owners of Litchfield, and Poussey’s (Samira Riley) death.

Because season five covers only three days at Litchfield, viewers can expect to see Daya’s decision on whether or not to shoot Officer Humphrey, the outcome of the (developing) riot, and whether or not Poussey “receives” justice for her death.

Teasers and a trailer were released earlier, and the show will make its return to Netflix on June 9.