By Adriana Avila | Staff Writer

The Spring Concert brought the community together. (Courtesy of @smc_cab)

On Saturday, April 29, students met at Moraga Commons Park for CAB’s annual Spring Concert. Ice cream cones and taco plates were spotted in the hands of those who attended. Because the weather was nearly 80 degrees, concert attire consisted of flowy sundresses, sunglasses, patterned swim trunks, and summer sandals. This year’s set list consisted of 10 Suite Minutes, Caleborate, and Marc E. Bassy.

The concert opened with this year’s Battle of the Bands winner 10 Suite Minutes. Band members Bryce Woodward, Cameron Poletti, Rob Gonzales, James Morris, and Charlie Crockett covered popular songs such as Jon Bellion’s “All Time Low” and “I Will Wait” by Mumford and Sons. The band’s chemistry with the audience, consisting of classmates and friends, was transparent in the faces of those before the stage.

Bay Area artist, Caleborate, performed second. The rapper, who sported a Saint Mary’s t-shirt, shared many songs including “The Juice” and one he wrote for his mother titled,“Good Great.” When his mother asked him about a future career, besides music, his reply was that, “Nothing else makes me this happy.” His infectious, high energy had the crowd interacting with him the entire time. At one point in the show, three Saint Mary’s students joined him on stage to dance and pump up the audience. After the concert, the artist tweeted in all caps, “Saint Mary’s is the school I wanted to go to for college since I was 14 I just performed there and they loved it dream come true!!!!!”

The strength of the barricades was tested when the final artist, Marc E. Bassy, performed. The crowd went wild when the singer walked on stage. Known for collaborating with well-recognized Bay Area rapper G-Eazy, Bassy sang the hits “Show Me” and “You & Me.” Bassy also sang “Lock it Up,” a song he has with Bay Area singer, Kehlani. Alongside Bassy was DJ Shabazz who closed the concert with a mix of songs that kept the crowd dancing until the end.

Fans, new and old, came together to enjoy a warm afternoon of free music and good company. Special thanks to the associated students of Campus Activity Board (CAB) for all of their hard work before, during, and after this successful event. Be sure to follow CAB on social media @smc_cab for more information about upcoming events.